Previous Article: Installing the Mobile App
This article will show you how to install and connect the gateways to your network.
There are two network connection options - ethernet (PoE) or wifi.
- Plug and play! The gateways are pre-configured to conenct via ethernet.
- All you need to do is plug the ethernet cable in and press the power button located on the side of the Gateway.
Note: If you do not have PoE available, simply plug in micro USB alongside the ethernet cable to power the Gateway.
To connect to wifi you will need a device (laptop / mobile phone) to connect to the gateway and provide your wifi details.
- Plug in the micro-usb cable to power the Gateway.
- Press the power button located on the side of the Gateway to turn on.
- You will see the gateway bootup with lights on top.
- Once the Gateway is ready to configure your wifi it will show a solid blue ring.
- Open your device and look for a network SSID iottag-#####, the hashes will match the mac address of your gateway (printed on the underside)
- Tap to connect and enter the wifi password 'Password'
- Once you have connected to the wifi, open a browser and navigate to the config IP address - 192.168.99.1
- Once this page has opened, enter the password 'iottag'
- Now you are ready to complete the gateway config - go to the 'Network' tab (along the top)
- Select Wifi, a list of nearby networks will appear. Choose your desired network
- Enter the password and press 'connect'.
- The gateway will now reboot and attempt to connect to the chosen network.
Note: If you need to connect the Gateway to a new network, please complete a factory reset (hold reset button for 5 seconds)
What do the lights mean?
- Bootup - Solid white ring (approx. 20 seconds)
- Connecting - Rotating blue ring.
- Connected - Slow flash solid blue ring (shown for 1 minute, then lights go dark).
- Not Connected - Solid white ring.
We recommend placing Gateways as high as possible to collect the most signal. However, for testing purposes during the demo placing on a desk will also work.
Next Article: Setup Complete!